Wednesday, December 16, 2009

House Portrait Done at Last (157-158)

I have been working on this drawing on and off for about two weeks. Typically, it takes me about 8 hours to complete a house portrait. This one took longer for a couple of reasons. First it is much larger than my usual 8 x 10 image (17 x 22). Second, it is a fairly complicated image with lots of shifts in tone. It is a white stone and white clapboard surface, which can be difficult to get in light and shade. Finally, I wanted this to be special because it is a gift for some people who have lots of great artwork in their home and I didn't want to pale by comparison.

I am pleased with the result, although it probably isn't the best photo here. I hope they enjoy it. Click on the picture to see more detail.

3 comments:

  1. Bebautiful work, nice tonal range, and what a grande place! The owners should be very pleased with their Chrissie surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a beautiful drawing. Very nice work on the texture and lighting.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.