Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Holiday Card(172-173)

Each year I get the opportunity to create a holiday card for our company. This is the background illustration I created this year. It was created in Photoshop.

This prompted an interesting conversation with my creative partner Dwayne. I posed to him the issue that the term "digital painting" is not an accurate description of this medium. There isn't any paint and I have long had a problem with that characterization of this type of artwork. Guru of Glib that Dwayne is, he resolved the issue with a new term--pixeling. I like it!

So this is a Photoshop pixeling. I am happy with the outcome and have to manipulate the image to work for the various elements (name tags, invitations, electronic, and print cards).

Happy Holidays!

2 comments:

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.