Saturday, May 30, 2009

Field Day (356)

Friday I didn't create a tangible outcome, but I had a very creative day. Instead of drawing or painting I spent the afternoon on a field trip to my Recusant friend and artist Greg Vandevisser's studio. We spent the afternoon looking at his artwork, discussing his sketches, picking apart a work-in-progress, and listening to some great tunes. He's been inviting me to visit for a long time and I had a great afternoon.

I have a network of friends around the western hemisphere that support my need for artistic conversation. But it was great to get into a studio and get back to some roots. Greg and I have very different styles. That works really well, because we have the same concerns and ideas for different outcomes. This is one of Greg's paintings that I really like.

I'll add a post for today later and I plan to have a viewable outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.