Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me! (365)

One of my greatest passions is the sport of lacrosse. It’s appropriate that I start this project here at the meeting of two of my major obsessions. I have been playing lacrosse for 43 years and seek every opportunity that I can to play with other equally crazed old guys. I also coach women’s lacrosse at the high school level. This drawing is the second of three drawings that I am doing of my senior players. We have our awards banquet tomorrow night and I am going to give each of them their lacrosse portrait. I’ve done this a couple of other times and it usually goes over pretty well.

I worry about the likeness. I think it’s ok, but I would like it to be more accurate. I can’t afford the time to do too many renderings, but I have done two versions of each so far. Hopefully the third will come out right on the first try.

I’ve also been rocking out to two new CDs courtesy of my goalie girl Erin—Pink’s Funhouse and The Derek Trucks Band Already. I love Pink, so that was an easy pick for her. But she picked the Trucks Band out of the blue and I LOVE IT. Get it or download it for some good bluesy rock. Inside the cover is this quote:

"Music is like a river or stream that has come down to us through time, bringing nurture to man's soul. From the past masters, this music flowed to my father and through him to me. I want to keep this stream flowing. I don't want it to die. It must spread all over the world."
--Ali Akbar Khan

Happy Birthday to Me!

1 comment:

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.