Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ignition (357)

For the past month, I've been trying to paint abstract sketches and I have done a couple. This is Ignition, tonight's effort. I just try to push the paint around and react to the shapes that evolve. I will probably start a more figurative painting this weekend. But this exercise is intended to get some practice with brush strokes. This is a very limited umber to yellow pallet and is acrylic with medium on watercolor paper. I have rotated it from the way that I initially painted it because I walked in the room and saw it this way and liked it.


The time to hesitate is through


No time to wallow in the mire


(Light my Fire--The Doors)

2 comments:

  1. What a great birthday present you will have when this is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed--"..no time to wallow in the mire"!

    Time to "join in the circle of Life". (Lion King)

    Your acrylic painting is very good--meaningful personally AND to a larger audience.

    Good work!

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.