Wednesday, November 25, 2009

IF: Music--Chinese Violin (180-186)

When they say, "you don't really know what you've lost 'til it's gone", I imagine they were not talking about computer technology. But it is just as true.

Last Thursday we began a move to a new office building that needed to happen before the fiber optic connection could be made. We are currently running a full office of 5 people on one cable internet connection. I waited for an hour to download one graphic file yesterday afternoon.

This had a good and bad outcome. The good is that it gave me an opportunity to work on this week's IF: Music. The bad is that I was done on Monday and could only get the scanner to operate this morning. So here it is...

This is a drawing of an old gentleman that my daughter an I encountered on the streets of San Francisco a couple of years ago. I love SF! Talk about a town that gets it from a design sense. We spent the day at the DeYoung museum, the Japanese Garden, Lucas Films, and just enjoying the beautiful city. We also visited the SFMoMA. My daughter will be heading out to California in a month to USC for graduate film study. I'm sure she will visit the City by the Bay again.

Enjoy.

5 comments:

  1. Dave thanks for your comments on my art. This is a very nice piece and I enjoyed browsing through your blog and website.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Dave this is so amazing! I'm glad you got it done in time to share it with us. Fantastic line work and your contrasts and shading are remarkable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is gorgeous !! The shadows, the lines, everything so nice. And thanks for visiting my blog and your kindness words...

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.