Monday, November 16, 2009

IF: Unbalanced "Eating It" (189-195)


When thinking about Un-balanced, I went to one of the sports that hinges on precise balance--surfing. When hanging-ten on the edge, a moment of un-balance becomes disasterous. Had some fun doing this little sketch. Hope you enjoy it.


Spent a few hours wandering around the Waterfowl Festival this weekend. Saw many different levels of skill and a wide variety of approaches to wildlife carving, sculpture, and painting. The weather was spectactular. I also looked into studio space. I am considering the cost vs. the amount of time I would actually spend in the space. It does offer a high level of interaction with other artists and the public and the price is reasonable. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. Yes--I do enjoy this drawing. It's fabulous--so much action!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great illo! This is a challenging sport and balance is key. I love your style.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece! And this is just a little sketch, I believe? :)

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.