Friday, January 22, 2010

IF: Clumsy (118-120)

This is an illustration that I finished today for a set of posters for work. When Splinter does something CLUMSY, she quickly rights herself and looks at you as if to say, "what..."

She rarely acknowledges any clumsiness such as misjudging the distance or substance of a landing spot. Sometimes she will slide across the table and come to a stop on the edge, gather herself and then make some gesture like licking herself or looking at you.

Ok, it's probably a stretch. But I liked the result of the poster art and didn't want to waste the category while I had such a nice rendering.

I did the original sketch in pencil on paper, then scanned it into photoshop where I painted it. The original is 11 x 17.

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful rendering indeed! Great cat character!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty kitty! Cats are much too cool to admit they've made a mistake, but it's pretty funny when they do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great texture for the fur, I almost want to pet my monitor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great illustration, and interesting technique. do you know of any books describing the method? Would be fun to learn... :-)
    And thanks for visiting my blog! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank u so much
    i like your style too
    mariella

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.