Wednesday, January 20, 2010

IF: Wilderness--Solitude (121-125)

As promised, I wanted to do something current for Illustration Friday's theme. I already posted to the theme, so this is just for fun. One of my most pleasurable memories in recent time is of going to Lake Placid for their summer lacrosse tournament. I haven't been in years, but those few times I went with my friends, really stand out.

My friend Steve introduced me to fly fishing on one of those trips. The cool waters of the Sarnac River were both calming and curing. After several games, these old legs were revived by standing for a couple of hours in the cold river. Fishing is not so much about catching fish as it is about trying to catch fish and leaping whole-body out of the hubub of the day. If you just catch one now and then to justify the time, you are satisfied.


I don't often get the opportunity, but it is definitely a moment in the wilderness and a happy place.

3 comments:

  1. Your happy place! I wish I had one as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think maybe we should take a trip up as a family and I can learn to fly fish too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely lovely. I need some of that kind of peace in my life.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.