Friday, January 8, 2010

IF: Confined (133-141)

The harder I work at posting--the longer it takes. This is a graphite drawing that has been painted in PhotoShop. We have been watching the "Tudors" recently which inspired this illustration. It is amazing how cruel man can be to man over ideals. Maybe one day, people will be able to allow others to think as they wish without feeling the need to harm each other.

This is somewhat of a departure from my recent illustrations, but I think I need to push things a bit more. Let me know what you think.

16 comments:

  1. wow - excellent composition - the contrast of the outside light with the darkness of the prison is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is wonderful. The mood you have created and your use of light and shade!! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know....I really like the subtlety and understatedness of it....Very nice--and powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa! I love your work, your oil paintings and your house portrait. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the mood and the light on your figure illustration. Nice work! Thanks for the comment on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dave
    This is a powerful illustration. I hope you post often. Your other drawings are very fine as well. I watched The Tudors as well. great show, dark times and I guess we still have a lot of darkness like this in the world. You have captured it for the IF perfectly.
    The opposite of freedom could be confinement I think.

    ReplyDelete
  7. good work! love the mood and intensity here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Dave, it's a powerful image! I like the dark and light contrast :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great drawing & I couldn't agree more with the message.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Powerful and thought-provoking imagery! We all have our concept of reality, it's when we try to force other to see it as their, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a very dramatic illustration. Excellent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great work, very reminscent of crucifiction

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.