Saturday, August 8, 2009

Abstraction (286)

Yesterday afternoon I invited myself to Greg's studio for a little painting session. I grabbed up my canvas and paints and drove the half hour to his house. Greg has extended me an invitation for some time now and I was finally able to take him up on it. Yesterday's results was pretty good. If anything, he got me to extend myself and take some risk. I should have taken a picture of yesterday's result, but I forgot.



Anyway, I worked on it some more today after setting up in the shed. And this is the result. I like it. I am still uncomfortable with the process of destroying what you do in order to build up layers. I had at least three stages that I thought were pretty good. But I kept rubbing it out and ended up here. I'm stopping it for now.

1 comment:

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.