Thursday, August 27, 2009

Web work and some visual research (269)

No time on Wednesday for drawing. I am trying to get back to the YMCA for exercise and begin refereeing field hockey tomorrow so my after-work schedule still needs some adjusting. I had to spend my evening hours getting some last minute things done for Jackie for her grand opening Thursday and working on a rush website for my Mom/Sister/Sister-in-Law at http://www.brightmindsdesigns.com/ where they hand-make items for kids. That link is to the old site. I need to develop a new one quickly for an event they have this weekend.

I've been watching several movies and tv shows lately on artists including Jasper Johns (his flag pictured above) and Jackson Pollack. There was a show that I was watching Wed night on Ovation about several painters exhibiting in a competition that was really good--too late to remember who though.

Today on LinkedIn, I saw a discussion from a photographer who wanted marketing advise for a site where they are promoting this painter Nick Schlee. http://www.bardonstudios.com.au/ is the site There are two clips, on is dialog the other a gallery set to some nice jazz.

Just had a continued discussion with someone in Flordia regarding my drawings of the DD people. It was a good discussion that provided some insight and allowed me to express my feelings. Very touchy feely of me, don't you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.