Monday, August 10, 2009

Planning for a painting (285-284)

On Sunday, we went to see Julie & Julia (an excellent movie). In the movie, one of the main characters has a daily blog. I was interested to see how they portrayed the task of writing a daily blog as a record of some daily creation. She seemed to have a much simpler time of it than me.

I came across some old pictures I took of seagulls at the beach. I think I might do a painting of them. When I was in the Outer Banks, I came across a seagull on the beach painting that I liked. Perhaps I'll try to do something similar.


I also read an interesting article in Artist magazine about composition. It's like being on a roller coaster when switching from objective to non-objective, then back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.