Thursday, September 24, 2009

Finished the new painting (246-244)


I have been working for a week on this painting. When I retrieved the old paintings and canvases from Mom's house, this canvas had a shape that I thought matched the subject in my mind. I liked the long horizontal shape. I added the channel marker and boat today.

Today I am taking a "mental health day." I was up most of the night after my dog woke and I had things on my mind. I knew I couldn't function on 4 hours of sleep today, so I had to take a day of sick leave. After sleeping in, I felt better and my eyes work, so I went out to finish the painting.

I will study the image for a while, but I like it for the most part.

1 comment:

  1. Nice! The color palette with subtle shades of blue is soothing. Actually, the way you've cropped the image suggests 2 different paintings altogether.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.