Friday, October 30, 2009

Last of the Homes Drawings (206-208)

Finally, I have finished the house drawings for the Festival of Trees Tour of Homes. This last one was a bit of a struggle since the homeowner provided a picture that was very small. I am sure they will be somewhat disappointed because they think they provided something else.

I have been trying to find all of the scans of the past years. I became religous about them only in the past 5 or 6 years, so it is difficult to assemble them back together. I am trying to put together a booklet with as many of the 75 donated drawings as I can find. I might try to convince them to put the booklet on display with the current drawings thinking it might generate some business.


Funny, I need the work, but I really didn't enjoy doing these drawings as much. I've been spending more time working on Illustration Friday sketches and paintings and found this a bit tedious. Oh, well. They turned out pretty nice and I will go into the past of the Tour of Homes knowing that I did something well and meaningful.


Move on.


I didn't get a drawing done for IF this week. The Fast theme was ok. I first thought about several ideas only to quickly see them done by others. Then I thought I would just go ahead and do my take of a Cheetah, but didn't get around to it until there were about 10 images dealing with that. I finally settled on a surfing image, but couldn't manage it with all the other things this past week. I look forward to the new theme and will definitely get something in this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.