Thursday, October 15, 2009

Version 2 of Napoleon (224-223)


A while back, I created a handwashing poster that featured Napoleon Bonaparte. The customer wanted to use a work for hire piece that a gaming company had as it's brand. I created a take off on Napoleon's portrait for the poster. I posted the illustration here and I thought it was pretty good.

The customer wanted changes. I can never get over how people seem to think that they can change a photo or illustration as an "edit." I think they think that there is a magic change button on the computer or something. Anyway, it was very hard to get them to tell me what they liked because they wanted the other illustration. Of course it was, first inappropriate for the message and audience, and second, looked like Lord Farquar from Shrek.

So here's my most recent take. I hope they accept because it makes a good image. But I don't really care, since each time they change I get to draw and paint! (on their dime)
Top image is new bottom is the older version.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Some really nice work on your blog. I really love your pencil pieces. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.