Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Catching up to Tuesday (299-296)

The weekend was amazingly hecktic and didn't allow any time for blogging much less drawing or painting. I was working or coaching the entire time and it wiped me out. Drove to the beach on Sunday night and took all of Monday to recover.

On Tuesday, I did some painting on the beach. I finished what I was working on, but don't really like it. It is a painting of a girl digging in the sand on the beach. In the end, the colors were too bright, the composition was awkward, and there wasn't any sense of touch. Hopefully today will yield a better outcome.

Worth noting yesterday was the passing of Jim Johnson, Defensive Coordinator for the Philadelphia Eagles. He was everything that they are saying about him and more. I had the fortune to create drawings for his wife Vicky of their dogs and grandchildren (you can see them on my website at www.davedrawsitall.com under drawings). Through that experience, our family got a glimpse of life with Jim.

As a rabid Iggles fan, having these encounters with Jim was a thrill of a lifetime. When we had a chance to talk, he was interested in learning about lacrosse (my sport). He had an amazing way to make you feel important. He is and will be missed.

1 comment:

  1. AHHH. That stupid thing called life always seems to get in the way.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.