Sunday, July 5, 2009

Metal Sculpture Sort of (320-319)

I spent the really nice day on Saturday doing some major projects which have been waiting for extended dry weather. I was able to clean the deck and then seal the wood. I worked on some other projects including a logo for a new client.

The lady who cuts my hair just bought the salon she where she used to work. She is a hard worker who is getting a break. I am working with her to create her identity. I'll post more as it develops.

Now for the title. Lisa and I went to one of the florists who was having a 50% off sale to purchase a Purple Martin house which I promised her for her birthday in March. We found one and brought it home.

Back in 1988 I returned from my assignment in Sicily on our way to Homestead AFB in Florida. It was December and Santa had a Barbie Dream House for the girls. The Barbie Dream House was a stick-built house, not pre-fabricated. It had beams and girders and individual walls.

Not since that Barbie Dream House have I had so many parts for a little house. This was a sheet metal and screws project. The 8-room apartment for the little tweeters was a challenge including a ratcheting device and a very tall pole. It took a couple of hours to assemble. When I got to the pole instructions, we discovered that there was no pole.

After a quick trip back to the nursery, we were able to get things done. Finished everything on Sunday and we are waiting the little mosquito-eater's arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.