Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jammin' and (finally) Painting (325-23)

I continue to wonder why we have to work so hard just to take a few days off. The whole idea of the vacation is that you need to get away and rest. The demands are amazing to take that time. I serve a group of people who want 150-200% percent of my time regularly. They all want to do lip service to wanting me to get away and have some rest, but don't forget to make sure it doesn't cause them any inconvenience. This means that I have had to jam two weeks into the week before vacation and then jam another week into the first few days after returning.

As a result, I need another vacation. You can see the viscious circle this creates.

I finally forced myself to paint last night. It's a little odd. The cat was really tuned up when I went home for lunch. So this is an impression of her fur flying on the green carpet. All you see is the blur of fur. The red is there to represent her real energy (not any blood that may or may not be drawn during her frenzied state).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.