Friday, July 10, 2009

Up Late Doing Graphics (315)

After a turn on the mower cutting the back yard, I settled in to work on a cover illustration last night. I find it harder to work side graphics jobs since beginning this project because I don't have time or energy for both. After a day of being the creative voice for other people, it's hard to continue the same into the night.

Illustration is different. I rarely get to create illustrations during the day, so I enjoy working on this type of task. The photos I was provided by the client weren't the best, but I started anyway because the deadline was (as usual) very tight. I completed one version (top) and sent it off to the client.

She loved the concept and the style. Then she provided me with a completely different photo that matched the title of the article much better. I knew that the picture I used first wasn't going to be the final and the second shot allowed for better use of text.

In the mean time, I was trying to wrap up a website design that has been out there for a couple of weeks. I got started. That client emailed me at about 9:30 pm with another "hot" request, so I changed gears from web to collateral.

I wrapped up the cover and the mouse pad at about 11 pm and went off to bed after a brief glance at Facebook. My Toronto, Canada friend Dave Gouveia has returned to writing short stories and I wanted to read his latest. I need to download it from there to here--I really enjoyed it. Dave is one of three partners in a firm called 3 Dogz Creative. They are all incredible. Check out http://www.3dogz.com/ when you get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.