Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Photo Safari I (332)

The Outer Banks has always been a source for interesting photos for me. The Corolla light is an image that I drew about 6 years ago and still get a great deal of pleasure viewing.

Early Monday morning, my brother-in-law Chris took cousin Alice and me in his 4-wheel drive car to the northern shore where you can drive on the beach in search of the wild Spanish Mustangs for which the area is famous. It was a little rainy going out, but not impassable.
We spotted one horse on the dune. As we pulled away, we could see that there was another horse on the back of the dune. These were the only mustangs we found in the morning. We were able to get a better view of them on the return trip.
When I got home, I used Photoshop to create some different effects on the images.

We also took a trip to Kill Devil Hills and the site of the first powered manned flight by the Wright Brothers. Six years ago, we were here when the centennial celebration was being planned. The flight was in December, so the celebration was planned to coincide with that date. But we didn't go to the Park then. This was a fun trip.

As many boys of the 1960s, I have always been facinated by air and space travel. My Dad was in the Air Force and liked to build models. We always had airplanes and spaceship models in our room and books about flight. When I was in the Air Force, I loved visiting air museums and seeing the static displays on the bases. So this was lots of fun for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.