Monday, June 29, 2009

Holy Cow! Time to Catch Up (330-326)

Holy Cow! Between slow internet, no art supplies, and way too much food and drink, I have really lapsed. The blog was on my mind the whole time. However, it stayed on my mind, not on my computer.

Ok. I could blame it on Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, or Michael Jackson dying, but that seems a little over the top. And now infomercial guy! Don't let anything bop you on the head! The truth is that I just didn't make the time to get things down on paper. Unfortunately, my art supplies were not very good and, after an extensive search, I found out that noone on the Outer Banks buys art supplies in a store. Sucks.

On Wednesday, I took a trip to Whalehead Beach Club for an arts and crafts festival. There were some really nice works of art and craft (along with some so-so stuff). I went with several relatives including my wife's cousin's husband, Ace. I really enjoyed spending the week Ace, Alice, Ryder, and Lilly (4 3/4 year old twins). Ace made the mistake of saying to me that he liked artwork, but didn't really get the whole still life thing. I railed on for about an hour until he relented. He is a closet artist as well. Get working ACE! I saw a couple of pieces that I really liked. I also spent about 20 minutes discussing some excellent watercolor paintings with the artist.

On Thursday, I was the family photographer. You've seen those vacation family photos where everyone dresses in the same color or white and takes the picture on the beach. Well, we're just not white clothes kind of folks. I took the big group and then individual families and smaller groups. Of course, I had to take a couple of my beauties! For years we used to take a picture at the beach of them. They look pretty cute!

Friday, we were pretty tied up with the Michael Jackson thing. We had a big dance party on Thursday night and I took this picture of some of the libations for future reference. Maybe a still life for my boy Ace.

Saturday was pack and drive. We had to hit the road at 6 am to miss the one way traffic jam, which we did successfully. Got lost in Virginia Beach and then was able to cut the 2 foot tall grass when we got home. We cooked some steaks out on the grill--our favorite.

Sunday was church and recovery. Worked on the deck for a while. Thought about painting. Maybe tomorrow. I know, it's weak.

Today has been a scramble. You work two weeks worth the week you leave and two weeks worth on the day you return. Oh well. I will try to create something today, but I am not encouraged that this will happen. This is living life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to comment on my work. I appreciate the feedback.